T'S & C'S
Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully.
Any payments received for a booking is understood to be an acceptance of our terms.
Whilst all reasonable care and precautions are taken to ensure your pet receives proper care during its stay, it is agreed that no liability is incurred by Wags and Mews in respect of any loss or damage to the animals through sickness, injury, death, escape, or from any cause whatsoever.
2. Boarding Conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission of animals that do not meet our criteria with regards to health and temperament requirements. In the interest of all pets, no booking will be accepted or pets admitted for boarding unless they are vaccinated according to current Veterinary and our own requirements, and documentary proof being first emailed to us at email@example.com.
- We keep our kennels clean and disinfected on a daily basis to ensure hygienic conditions for all our clients. We expect our incoming boarders to be in good health and in a clean state. In the event your pet is brought in dirty, matted, tick or flea infested or generally neglected we reserve the right to:
- Refuse admission, therefore forfeiting the booking payment.
- We will groom your pet at an additional cost to you, which needs to be paid on the day of collection.
- If your booking period needs to be lengthened, we need to be notified within a reasonable time frame, please note we HAVE to be notified of these date changes, and this is subject to space being available. Extra booking fees and R100 admin fee will apply.
- Bookings are ONLY confirmed once full payment is received.
3. Payment Conditions.
- We operate on a strictly payment in advance basis, and the full period booked is chargeable. Pets boarding with us are charged per night and not per day.
- References on payments MUST BE your surname and your pet's name in order for us to track your payment and confirm the booking. ENSURE you send us proof of payment to our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prices quoted apply at time of writing and could be subject to change at any time.
- Bookings are ONLY confirmed once full payment has been received, please email proof of payment to us. Confirmation of booking, will then be send to you. If you have NOT received a confirmation from us after payment, PLEASE CONTACT US, the incorrect payment reference may have been used which stops us from knowing where the payment came from.
- Special rates or date changes may be allowed, at our discretion.
- Extras incurred while your pet stays in the kennels will be charged to your account and must be settled on departure. For example, veterinary fees, medications etc.
- No refunds are due in respect of early (date) collections.
- Payments are in CASH or EFT (Any cash payments deposited directly into the bank will be required to pay additional bank fees on top of the invoice). Please email proof of payment to us.
- Our fees include: breakfast, dinner and all general care; but specifically exclude medication, or additional services which will then be charged as an extra.
- Legal Fees: Should legal or other steps be required to recover outstanding debts, such costs will be for the account of the owner of relevant pets.
4. Long term boarders
- One month's boarding, or longer, is always payable in advance. Bookings that are longer than 2 months, need to be paid by the 1st of each and every month, and special rates will be given.
- Failure to adhere to these terms will result in the immediate removal of the pets.
- Where owners will not be contactable during the period booked, the full amount is payable in advance, and an emergency contact number is required.
5. Cancellations and refunds
- All dates booked are chargeable unless proper notice is given, such notice period will be specified at the time of the booking.
- R100 administration fee is applicable to ALL cancellations and change of booking dates.
- Cancellation periods will vary depending on the season and advance notice period
- Off Season:
- Cancellation policy: 2 Weeks or more before admission – we will credit 100% of moneys paid less the cancellation fee.
- 1 to 2 Weeks before admission – we will credit 50% less the cancellation fee.
- Less than one week before admission – no refunds will be made.
- Credits provided must be for use within 3 months of cancelled booking.
- Credits not utilized within 3 months of cancelled bookings are forfeit.
- Credit MAY NOT be used over peak seasons.
- We reserve the right to use discretion where extenuating circumstances apply.
- Peak Season:
- Festive Peak Season (23 November 2018 to 15 January 2019)
- Easter Peak Season (15 April 2019 – 02 May 2019)
- Any cancellations received after 10th November 2018 to the 15th January 2019, will not receive a refund or credit on their bookings.
- 80% of your payment will be refunded if we have recieved notification of cancellation by the 10th November, excluding an admin fee of R100.
- We reserve the right to use discretion where extenuating circumstances apply.
- We request that all clients' remove their pets collar and name-tag while boarding with us, for safety reasons.
- Viewings are welcome, by appointment during non-peak times, when it does not clash with kennel activities.
- We strongly recommend that male cats over 5 months be neutered, and reserve the right to refuse admission if they are not. Ask your Vet for advice.
- We provide all essential items required to make your pet comfortable. Pet owners are permitted to bring their pet's own blanket, ensuring it is clean, subject to quality and quantity inspection and approval by our Kennel Manager. Every effort will be made to look after your pet's bedding, toys and accessories, but Wags n Mews accepts no responsibility for their loss or damage.
- Please do not bring cow hooves, bones or plastic toys, or toys that can be ripped or torn.
- Should your pet destroy our bedding, the charge for replacement will be passed on to the owner; this must be paid on collection.
- Should an animal not be collected or Wags n Mews notified within 5 days of agreed collection date; the said animal will be placed in a shelter, as we in our sole discretion may deem fit, without prejudice to our rights to compensation from the owner. Legal action will be brought against the owner for costs incurred. Abandoning your animals is a criminal offense.
- General Health.
- We cannot accept boarders that suffer from high risk health problems, are frail or obese.
- If your pet suffers from a manageable health problem, requiring special care or medical attention, please ask your vet to provide full details of the condition and steps required to treat this condition. Failure to disclose these conditions will lead to the immediate removal of your pet, at your own cost.
- If in the sole discretion and opinion of the owner of Wags n Mews your pet should become sufficiently ill we will call a veterinarian to attend to your pet or it will be taken to a Veterinary Hospital where it can receive the correct professional attention, at pet owner's expense.
All outstanding balances, including transport, Veterinary fees and expenses will be paid by the owner directly to Wags n Mews before removal of your pet from our premises.
- No boarders will be accepted without up-to-date vaccination and deworming certificates in respect of all relevant diseases.
- We require 4-in-1 and Rabies and Kennel Cough intranasal for dogs, and cats 4-in-1 and Rabies, and snuffles intranasal done by your vet.
- We will not accept your pet unless they have been vaccinated within the last 12 months. And vaccinations done at least two weeks before admittance date. Deworming needs to be done every 3 to 4 months for dogs, and every 4 to 5 months for cats. All proof needs to be provided, (emailed to us), prior to your pets arrival.
- Please consult your vet as to what precautions can be taken against Kennel Cough for dogs and Snuffles for cats.
- Due to the high volume of pets holidaying with us over peak periods no dogs or cats will be admitted without Kennel Cough or snuffles vaccinations.
- Medication and special diets.
- Medical attention will be given by Maurits or the kennel manager if required by the owners, for a nominal predetermined charge.
- Should pets require medication, the owner must please provide these in clearly marked containers with clear instructions. Any medication to be given to a dog and or cat (e.g. tablets,eye drops, ear drops, or any other supplement on food etc. with the exception of any injectable medication), for a pre-determined nominal charge.
- Should pets require special diets the owner must provide these items in clearly marked containers. Please note this does not affect the quoted daily rates.
8. Ticks, Fleas and Worms
- All boarders are required to be free of ticks, fleas and worms.
- Deworming needs to be done by your Vet, or prior arrangements made with us at an extra fee.
- In the interest of all pet-owners we request that your pets are put on a reliable tick / flea and deworming program, please contact your local Vet, and that they are treated shortly before checking in. Please provide proof thereof.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to any pet which is infested, and all payments made will be forfeit for the booking made.